A Siren's Dream
Zimbell House Publishing is holding open submissions for short stories set in the depths of the deep blue sea. Each tale must be from the POV of the Siren (aka: Poseidon's daughter). Is the tale a wish to be mortal? To escape the depths and walk on land? Does she live in Atlantis? What does it mean to be a daughter of the sea god? Is she good or evil? Does she lure people to their death or prevent them from drowning? Does she have a job? Is she allergic to fish? What's it like dating under the sea? What are her goals?
What we want to see are character studies-fully developed and believable.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 3,500 and the maximum word count is 20,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: February 28, 2018 with a targeted release date of late April 2018.
Submit your best work. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 3,500 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double spaced, 12 point font.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: February 28, 2018.