The Dionysus Society
A Collection of Mythic Tales
Zimbell House Publishing is holding open submissions for short stories about the influence of Dionysus. The settings for these tales need to include either a winery or a vineyard. These tales should include what happens during the meetings of these 'societies'. Are there rituals? How does Dionysus interact with the participants? How does one get initiated? Or is it just a fancy name for a wine lovers club?
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 3,000 and the maximum word count is 15,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2018 with a targeted release date of late May 2018.
Submit your best work. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 3,000 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double spaced, 12 point font-no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: March 31, 2018.