A Collection of Disappearances
Zimbell House Publishing is holding open submissions for short stories about someone disappearing without a trace. We want well-crafted tales on par with Agatha Christie and Sherlock Holmes. Keep our readers guessing, lead them on a merry chase, and in the end, give them a believable conclusion.
- These tales need to be from one POV only-no head-hopping please. Will your tale be told by the victim, or the investigator? A Witness? The perpetrator?
- The setting needs to be contemporary-no historical or sci-fi settings please.
- Please keep foul language to a minimum-it looses its punch if over-used.
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum.
- Gratuitous violence is frowned upon, this isn't a horror anthology-keep the graphic descriptions to correct genres.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 3,500 and the maximum word count is 20,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2018 with a targeted release date of late May 2018.
Submit your best work. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 3,500 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double spaced, 12 point font-no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: March 15, 2018.