A Collection of Tales about what’s next.
- Please keep foul language to a minimum-it loses its punch if over-used.
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum.
- Keep the POV with the main character, it’s their story after all. This does not mean you have to use first person.
- Any work under 3,500 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double spaced, 12 point font-no headers/footers.
Imagine, if you will, that your character woke up dead. They’re in an empty valley. Shortly, someone appears and tells them the valley is called the ‘In Between’ place. What do they do?
Zimbell House Publishing is holding open submissions for short stories that must begin as the main character wakes up in the ‘In Between’ place. It’s not about how they died, it’s how they come to grips with what’s next. Where do they go? Is there a Heaven or Hell? Purgatory? Another plane of existence? Re-incarnation? Do they become a ghost? Does your character have any options? Do they get to choose where they go next? How does time work in this next place? Are they still the same person? What’s the new environment like?
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 3,500 and the maximum word count is 20,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: May 15, 2018 with a targeted release date of late July 2018.
Submit your best work. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: May 15, 2018.