The Way of Artemis
Tales of the Hunt.
Zimbell House Publishing is holding open submissions for short mythic stories pertaining to the hunt. Explore the attributes of Artemis, and meld them with a contemporary viewpoint. Just what is your main character hunting? Does your character apply the ways of Artemis in other aspects of modern life? Or is your character actually Artemis, how does she come to be in the modern era? How does she adapt? Is she still a goddess? Why is she here?
- Please keep foul language to a minimum-it loses its punch if over-used.
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum.
- Keep the POV with the main character, it’s their story after all. This does not mean you have to use first person.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 3,000 and the maximum word count is 15,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2018 with a targeted release date of late July 2018.
Submit your best work. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 3,000 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double spaced, 12 point font-no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: May 31, 2018.