A Collection of Paranormal Tales
Imagine, if you will, that the year is 2025. News just broke on Global TV announcing to the world that Vampires are real.
Zimbell House Publishing is holding open submissions for short stories that must begin as the news is breaking. Show our readers your characters reaction, how their life as they know it will change. What part of the globe are they from? Is your character a vampire or a human? How long have vampires been on Earth? Are they aliens or the original race? If Vampires are real—what other myths are true?
- Please keep foul language to a minimum-it loses its punch if over-used.
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum.
- Please show more of the action, than just telling the reader what happens.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 3,500 and the maximumword count is 20,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2018 with a targeted release date of late August 2018.
Submit your best work. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 3,500 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double spaced, 12 point font-no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: June 15, 2018.