Nights in the City: An Erotic Collection
In this anthology, Temptation Press is looking for short stories that explore the naughty side of the city. These stories should be about sex clubs. Think 'Eyes Wide Shut' meets 'Exit to Eden'. Any gender combination is welcome.
We are looking for a unique take on the age-old tale. Dig deep into your writing skillset to avoid a 'typical' read. Pick one POV and show the reader what is happening. What are the rules of the club? How does one get an invitation? How does the club advertise? Is it exclusive? What goes on there?
- Dialogue needs to be believable, and please keep dialects/slang to a bare minimum if you must use them.
- No head-hopping or POV changes.
- Please show more of the action than just telling the reader what happens.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 4,500 and the maximum word count is 20,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2019, with a targeted release date of mid-January 2020.
Submit your best work. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- Any work under 4,500 words will be automatically disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works—please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double-spaced, 12 point font, no headers/footers.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: October 31, 2019.