Zimbell House Publishing is holding open submissions for short stories about the daughter of Hera. These mythic tales can be from either Hera's POV or from the daughter's. We are looking for tales of match-making, marriage, and how woman invoke her help. How does Hera's daughter feel about this subject? Is she bitter, angry, forever hopeful and optimistic? Does she want her mother's help, want to take over the family business, sabotage it? What about modern day online dating? Is that the invention of Hera? Or her daughter trying to streamline the requests for help?
We want 'em all, short-stories to novellas, that feature these questions and more. Let's have some fun with the characters. We want fully developed characters with plots that capture the imagination.
Submissions of both short stories and novellas to this anthology are welcome, please keep in mind the minimum word count is 3,500 and the maximum word count is 20,000.
This anthology is a great opportunity to showcase emerging writers and allow them to build their professional platforms.
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2017 with a targeted release date of late January 2018.
Submit your best work. We will be doing light editing as necessary to fit the standards we strive to maintain.
- No work may be more than 20,000 words. Please watch your word count. Submissions over this word count will be disqualified for this anthology.
- The work must not have appeared in print or online anywhere before.
- All submissions must be in English.
- Each author may submit up to three (3) unique works-please submit them separately.
- Work must be in Microsoft Word or RTF, double spaced, 12 point font.
All contributing authors will receive a free copy of the book in softcover. Authors that are chosen for the anthology will not be paid nor receive royalties for their submission. Again there is no charge for the submissions. This is an opportunity to build your platform.
Submission Deadline: November 30, 2017.